How to Make a Sunless Tan Last
Sunless tans are a great way to get a bronzed glow without the risk of sun exposure. But how can you make your sunless tan last as long as possible? Here are a few tips:
- Exfoliate before applying. Exfoliating your skin helps to remove dead skin cells, which can create a smooth, even surface for the sunless tanner to adhere to. Use our BEETIT before you get a spray tan or apply a sunless tanning lotion or mousse.
- Apply the sunless tanner evenly. Use our mitt to apply the sunless tanner evenly to your skin. Be sure to blend the tanner well into your neck, hands, and feet with our Blending Butter.
- Allow the sunless tanner to dry completely before getting dressed. This will help to prevent the tanner from transferring to your clothes.
- Moisturize your skin daily. Moisturizing your skin helps to keep it hydrated and prevents the sunless tan from fading. Use our BEETBUTT, an everyday moisturizer that is oil-free and fragrance-free, as these ingredients can cause the tan to fade faster.
- Avoid hot water and long baths. Hot water and long baths can strip your skin of its natural oils and cause the sunless tan to fade. When showering or bathing, use lukewarm water and limit your time to 10-15 minutes.
- Apply a gradual tanning lotion after 4-5 days. To maintain your sunless tan, apply our gradual tanning lotion 4 to 5 days after your spray tan or sunless tanning application to help extend the life of your tan. This will help to prolong the life of your sunless tan.
Here are some additional tips:
- Avoid sweating excessively. Sweat can cause the sunless tanner to fade, so try to avoid sweating excessively. If you do sweat, rinse your skin with cool water as soon as possible.
- Avoid chlorine and saltwater. Chlorine and salt water can also cause the sunless tan to fade. If you’re going to be swimming, rinse your skin with cool water as soon as possible after swimming.
By following these tips, you can make your sunless tan last longer and enjoy a bronzed glow all season long.